Licensing procedure for the healthcare practitioners in the state of Qatar
Please find below steps which will be followed in your recruitment. Kindly go through the steps involved and if you have any queries, please feel free to write us.
Referring to the documents required for the Preliminary Assessment Program of Evaluation by the Qatar Supreme Council of Health and the Verification process by Dataflow Services, here find below listed documents required and the further steps.
Step 1: Evaluation by Supreme Council of Health (SCH) and the Verification by Dataflow/ Integra screen Company – Time frame - 30 business days to get the certificate after submission of documents. (Get Form)
This evaluation and verification process will go parallel. The Dataflow Company liaises with the SCH and upon clearing the verification procedure, the company will send the report directly to the SCH and evaluation certificate is issued accordingly. If there is a delay in verification, it may take more than 30 days.
All the documents must be either in English or in Arabic. Any certificate in any other language must be attached with the English Translation from government recognized translators. Translation copy is not valid if not signed and stamped by the translator.
- Updated CV with two recent references with contact details (please delete the details from the CV if you do not have a supporting documents as a proof and has to clearly mention the dates such as year of graduation , employment periods etc).
- Valid passport copy - scan with high resolution (Passport number and the photo should be clear and readable).
- Medical registration/license certificate from the country of graduation.
- Medical registration/license certificate from any other country if worked overseas (Applicable if they worked abroad)
- Bachelors/Primary Medical degree certificate.
- Post Graduate Medical Degree certificates.
- Experience/Employment letters from the previous and current employers till date as mentioned in the CV. The experience letter has to be issued on the letter head of the hospital/institute where they worked, issued by the Human Resource Department/Medical Director. The Experience/Employment letter is not valid if it does not have a date, signed and stamped by the signatory and/or institute.
- Color passport size photographs – 8 in number / soft copy by email.
- Completely filled - Integra Application form (find attached). Ensure to sign the authorization letter by the candidate)
- Completely filled - Licensing Summary Sheet (find attached) (ensure you type the form, complete and necessary details to be filled, mentioned dates from – to for academic and experience letter and wherever applicable.
Step 2: Certificate of Good Standing (COGS)
“Certificate of Good Standing” (COGS), this certificate should be issued from every jurisdiction (Medical Council, where you are registered) and practicing for the past 5 years (including the council where they graduated from) until date, addressed to the Qatar Supreme Council of Health. Due to the confidentiality, this certificate (COGS) will be sent through email and registered post directly from the respective Medical Council to the Supreme Council of Health to the below addressee.
Mr. Craig Charles Smith
Manager Registration (ML),
Supreme council of Health
P. O. Box: 7744 Doha-Qatar
When to apply: You can apply for this certificate to the respective Medical Council, upon obtaining your evaluation certificate from the SCH. Medical Administration team will inform you as and when it is released.
Please do notify us once the COGS has been forwarded to the SCH, accordingly we will follow up with SCH.
Step 3: Visa Application – takes 15 business days to receive from Ministry of Interior. Documents required are
- Passport copy
- Attested copies of Qualification certificates
- Medical Certificate with Fitness to work (Hepatitis Titer A,B & C ,Chest X-ray and HIV test)
We will apply for your visa upon issuing the evaluation report from SCH. It will take 15 business days to get your the visa from the Qatar Ministry of Interior.
Step 4: E-ticket and Visa (for travel)
We need a travel date from your end, name of the airport where the candidates will travel from, accordingly will send you the e-ticket and OK to board message by email along with visa to travel.
Arrival in Qatar
We will send airport assistance for pick up and drop to apartment. Please note that the water and electricity charges in their respective apartments for the usage which has to be paid by the candidate in line with the hospital policy.
Step 5: Residence permit – upon your arrival to Qatar we will apply for your Qatar Residence permit (Iqama). Documents required (upon your arrival), responsible department is Human Resource.
- Original Passport
- Medical test report from Medical Commission – Qatar (we will arrange for this once you come to Qatar)
- Passport size photograph – 5 copies
- Contract for Ministry of Labor – this will be prepared by HR based on your offer letter (upon your arrival)
Step 6: Upon completion of Step 1 to 5, the third step will be the Processing the Medical License. The following document has to be prepared before coming to Qatar.
Attested Documents- Ensure the following documents have to be attested from the Embassy of place of issuance (origin) of the certificate and from the Qatar Embassy there before come to Qatar.
- Police Clearance Certificate from the country of origin.
- Affidavit if the name is different on certificate, passport and experience letters.
- Attested Log Book of Procedure (explained below)
In addition to this,
- All the original certificates(Credentials and experience letters)
- Valid Immediate Life Support (ILS) or Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Advanced Life Support certificate (ACLS).Upon your arrival to Qatar you may register at Hamad International Training Centre (Doha, Qatar) for similar course at a fees of QAR 300/- (to be paid by the candidate/applicant).
- Medical Registration Fees – QAR 600/- (paid by the staff – this is in line with hospital policy)
If you have any queries, please feel free to write us directly