The gastroenterology unit provides a wide range of services including OPD clinics, in House services & Endoscopies... The unit is equipped with advanced, high tech, updated instruments to facilitate diagnosis & therapeutic management of a variety of GI diseases, such as :
- Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy for diagnosis & management of Reflux, acid related disorders like gastric & duodenal ulcers.
- Treatment of Oesophageal vareicesby sclerotherapy & band ligation.
- Treatment of bleeding gastric & duodenal ulcer with thermal-coagulation (Heater probe)
- Management of Functional. Gastro-intestinal Disorders like IBS.
- Diagnosis & management of acute & chronic liver diseases like hepatitis B & C.
- Full colonoscopy for diagnosis & management of colonic diseases & screening & surveillance for colorectal cancer.
- Inseresion of PEG tube for those with neurogenic dysphagia.
- Removal of Gastrointestinal polyps by the scopes.
- Manaegment of functional gastrointestinal disorders.
- Video-Capsule Endoscopy for small bowel & the colon.
Small Bowel and Colon Capsule Endoscopy
- Obscure gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Chronic Anemia of unknown cause.
- Inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn’s disease.
- Small bowel vascular lesions.
- Mal absorption syndrome, celiac disease.
- Small bowel polyps & diverticular disease.
It is a very convenient way to do full GI Endoscopy when the guest is not willing or concerned to go for the conventional Gastroscopy or colonoscopy. Simply it protects the guest privacy & confedentionality.